Guide to Safe Travel in Bus during Covid-19 in Malaysia
The COVID-19 has been hard on everyone. Being confined in their homes with no social connection whatsoever, people learned to live their lives with restrictions. Airlines, trains and buses are operating with the utmost care, and the passenger’s wellbeing using safe travel methods is their priority. In spite of this, it is natural that one may wonder, is it safe to travel to Malaysia under these circumstances.
Malaysia is one of the most favoured destinations for tourism in South-East Asia. Millions throng every year to visit this beautiful country that is abundant in beaches, rainforests and ethnic culture. Due to the COVID-19, the country is shut down for international travellers as the government is trying to bring the virus under control.
Malaysia has a wide network of buses and coaches for intercity travels, long and short. It is the most accessible and cheapest mode of transportation in the country. One can get bus tickets online, and it makes it easier for travellers to book anytime from anywhere. Booking bus tickets online also ensures that one doesn’t have unnecessary contact with each other.
If one is travelling in Malaysia by bus, it’s better to get accustomed to the current rules and regulations. Malaysia has many safe bus operators that ply intercity. It’s always better to maintain distinct constraints. All International tourists are barred from entering the country, and Malaysia has taken strict preventive measures to curb the virus’s spread.
Mentioned below are some rules that passengers need to keep in mind while travelling in buses in Malaysia to keep themselves as well as others safe from getting infected.
Preventive measures taken for safe travel by bus operators :
- The seats of the passengers and the driver will be distributed in a way that they maintain the minimum distance that is required. The number of occupancy in buses will be only 50%.
- Inter-state and inter-city travel is banned. You can travel only with permission.
- Passengers are required to wear all safety gears like masks and gloves.
- Ventilation in the buses will be under regulations by the crew, and the passengers can open the windows as per the weather conditions.
- The buses are sanitized after each trip, and proper hygienic measures are taken to ensure that everything is clean and the travellers don’t face any hassles while travelling.
- For long-distance travels, passengers are requested to carry their blankets and linens to avoid the spread is the virus.
- Supervisors are deployed on buses to check the passenger’s temperature and health status before they board the coaches.
- Front row seats are mostly left unoccupied to maintain a safe distance between the driver and the passengers, ensuring the safety of both.
- Many buses are providing passengers with sanitizers for use.
Safety measures to be followed by passengers using buses :
- All Travellers must get their COVID-19 test done before they start travelling to ensure their safety as well as that of others. If tested negative, then they are eligible for travel.
- If the traveller was infected or sick before travelling, they are advised not to travel.
- No passenger should travel with someone who is sick or infected.
- Wearing masks is necessary while travelling, and a distance of 6ft is to be observed with unknown people.
- After coming in contact with an unknown person, one must wash their hands or sanitize them.
- Travellers are advised to avoid touching the railing and seat handles and come less in contact with outside objects.
- One must use tissues while coughing or sneezing.
- Passengers must not dispose of their used tissues and masks inside the buses, risking other passengers’ lives.
- One must avoid touching their face, nose and mouth as much as possible.
There is no set time when we can expect the virus to go. There is still a huge risk while going out, and hence it is advisable that people stay home to take care of themselves and their families. When people have to go out in unavoidable circumstances, they must follow all preventive measures and safeguard themselves and their family from the deadly virus. If one chooses to travel with caution, then many risks can be avoided. Features like online bus ticket booking and bus safety are in place to not face any issues while travelling.
So travel only when absolutely necessary and make sure all the safety measures are taken. Masks are compulsory while travelling in public and are for everyone’s safety. One must keep themselves up to date with all rules and regulations so that there is lesser risk involved for everyone. Travel responsibly and follow all the guidelines laid out by the government.